Friday, June 22, 2012

No more pizza!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days... This week seemed to slip away from me. I'm hoping that's a recurring theme for these next few weeks as well ;-) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE traveling, but I'm ready to explore more of Asia. So here is this past week at a glimpse, since thats what it was for me...

Monday 6/18 - Invited to dinner at a friend's apartment to discuss helping them with their start-up business: export-to-china.com. Their apartment is located in Causeway Bay, which is a popular and fun area (if I would have opted for the single occupancy housing I would have lived here. Damn.). We walked in the door, and HELLO HK SKYLINE!! Now THIS is what I'm talking about. No wonder people love this city - if they have a view like this I mean. At least compared to my "slum", this place was a mansion. Oh and I finally got a harbor side view of the famous light show. Unfortunately, it still wasn't THAT impressive, but cool to see once or twice :-)
Side note... Common theme for this week: Pizza (Pretty certain I've had more pizza in the last week then I have in the last year)
Also, bear with me. These pictures are all from my phone.



Tuesday 6/19 - It rained a lot this week. Apparently we're getting close to typhoon season and if the typhoon warning level gets to an 8, no one has to go to work!! Tuesday was only a 1:



After work I was supposed to go to a Women in the Media workshop, but by the end of the day I was exhausted. This would be my only free night of the week so I needed to take advantage of the downtime.

Wednesday 6/20 - Class dinner at Edelman PR in Central. Interesting stuff for PR students, but nothing I didn't already know before. Oh yeah, and pizza again. But we did take the ferry home and had a gorgeous view of the skyline from the water too!



Ok let's move on...

Thursday 6/21 - KARAOKE! I finally got to experience where this wonderful pasttime was founded and boy was it an experience. As some of you may know, karaoke bars in Asia are very different from the ones in the states. Here you have your own private room to sing in with only your group. Better make sure you go with a fun group! We walked in and our room was HUGE! People started singing right away (mostly the Chinese, and all in Mandarin). I watched for a bit, but then Adele came on and a mic somehow found its way to my hand. Next thing I know, Hello Broadway! Kind of embarrassing since I don't really know these people all that well (not like Sarah and Ryan's last night out at Lakanuki), but what the hell! The waiters also brought in a three-course prix fixed meal during our session and it was actually pretty good. Definitely different from home, but I welcome the change :-)



Friday 6/22 - Presentation day!! Today I gave my Prezi tutorial to the entire Corporate team at Ketchum. Everyone seemed to be very impressed, including one of the VPs who now wants me to teach him personally how to use Prezi, along with the company graphic designer. Moving forward, he wants all of our client decks to be done in Prezi. Pretty exciting! Hoping I've started to prove myself now and will be given much more responsibility and possibly even the chance to present and pitch to clients - fingers crossed! I am also taking the lead on another client's deck and coordinating a beauty event on Monday with the brand team. Nice to finally be busy at work. Note: pizza for the third time this week since Pizza Hut is one of our clients we had to taste their new products. Rough (fat) life.

This weekend I have some pretty fun things planned that I'm looking forward to, including the traditional event, Dragon Boat Races, and a day trip to Macau, the gambling capital of Asia. Stay tuned for the shenanigans that are sure to follow...

                                                              Dragon Boat Races
                                                                  Macau, China

No comments:

Post a Comment