Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Don't let the bed bugs bite

Literally.
However, trying to remain positive and work is definitely helping. I'm only in my apartment to sleep and change and thats about it. On a better note, work is going well so far! The first week is always the toughest, trying to figure out what my role is and what everyone else does. We have two additional people joining the brand marketing team so we will all be brought up to speed at the same time, probably next Monday. For now, I'm doing a lot of trend market research for beauty, health, fashion, travel, luxury, etc. in the Chinese market. Actually very interesting research. In addition to that, I've been compling media coverage reports for Disney and other clients, and helping out where needed. My boss has been out and about a lot this week with client meetings and project proposals, but once the other members come on board then we will all sit down, talk about what I want to get out of this experience and what projects I can take on. I'm excited and eager to get my hands dirty!

My boss is from London and a very nice lady - I really enjoy her! I haven't gotten to spend too much time with her since she's jumping around in meetings constantly, but just via email. The Brits are great. She's called me hon, darling, petal and apparently I'm brillant. Well duh :-P So it looks like she's happy with my work so far. I mean, who wouldn't be impressed with a color coordinated excel spreadsheet?? Gotta love good organizational skills!

                                                              My Building in North Point

                                                  My view of the harbor from the 33rd floor

[To view all of my pictures from Hong Kong, go to my facebook page]

No comments:

Post a Comment