Friday, July 27, 2012

Last day of work!

Just a quick work update: Today was the last day of my internship! Woo! But now it feels a little bitter sweet... Of course that always happens near the end. I just wish I had this kind of experience throughout my entire time here. I'm just now getting to know my co-workers and spend time with them outside of the office and they are all so much fun. I honestly couldn't have asked for nicer, more helpful people to work with. In fact, three of my co-workers took me out for seafood dinner on Tuesday night. We went to Fo Tan for some delicious authentic Hong Kong dining to a restaurant called El Fresco. The VP ordered calamari, clams, conch, fish, etc. It was all very tasty! Then two co-workers bought me lunch on Thursday and my fellow brand team hosted a Dim Sum for my final lunch today. 

Seafood dinner at Fo Tan

Besides that, I've been busy finishing up prezis for our Corporate Communication team, which they will use for a client pitch next week, as well as met with the Partner and Chief Business Officer to finalize and approve the prezi I've been working on for the Greater China Market. Now that that is complete, there is still talk about transferring Ketchum's credentials into prezi as well so hopefully that means I'll become a freelancer back in the states when I get home! Overall, I have had a wonderful internship experience and am hoping to stay in contact with everyone, especially my boss, our GM, and the founder.

Today we had a company meeting and it was all about PREZI! Too funny... We ended the meeting with a couple bottles of Rose and a cake for my farewell :-) My boss told me I'm leaving my legacy at Ketchum, that I'm "irreplaceable", and to stay in contact because she will help me find a job at any of the 60+ Ketchum offices worldwide when I graduate! So exciting! She couldn't have been more complimentary today and it honestly made this entire experience totally worth it. I am going to miss my Ketchum family very much, but hope to see them again soon!

From left: Jane (My boss), Me, Michelle (Manager) -- Love these girls!


Next on the agenda: 
Vietnam: July 28 - August 4th
Thailand: August 4th - August 11th then HOME!!!

I'm not too sure what the internet service will be like while I'm traveling for these next two weeks, but if all else fails, stay tuned for a full Asia report upon my return. I love you all and can't wait to see you when I get home... 16 days and counting! Thank you for traveling through my Hong Kong experience with me... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment