Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hong Kong Bound...

Bon Voyage Family and Friends!

As most of you know, I am heading off to Hong Kong tomorrow, Monday, May 28 for a two month internship at Ketchum PR doing brand marketing. Some of you may be wondering why I've decided to go now (at 26)... My biggest regret during undergrad was that I didn't study abroad. When this opportunity arose in Hong Kong through USC's grad school program, I knew I didn't want to pass it up and feel the same regret. You only live once, right? So here I am, a mere 24 hours before I depart to start this new adventure. Let's be honest... I am extremely nervous and will miss you all terribly, but excited to branch outside of my comfort zone, explore the world on my own, and come home with a newfound appreciation for California life (and of course the travel bug).

It dawned on me the other day that I have traveled to 12 countries already (Mexico, England, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Australia, Israel, Egypt, and Jordan). However, I've never been alone or without family/friends. So here's to lucky number 13... HONG KONG. Let the adventure begin!


~Deena
--> I will do my very best to keep this updated for you all to stay "in-the-know" and most importantly, will try not to bore you. Disclaimer: This is my first blog so please bear with me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment